Allergens exist naturally in all forms. Food can also be allergens but they are avoidable. There are only cures for allergens that travel through the air, no prevention. The only thing that one can do is make their bodies strong enough to withstand the attack that allergens pose. Alergin 100mg is a very good cure for allergic conditions. Often times Alergin saves people suffering from torturous allergic reactions. Let us answer all the questions about Alergin 100 mg moving forward.
What is Alergin 100mg?
Alergin 100mg falls under the classification of antihistamines. It consists of the main ingredient of Cetirizine. As a medication that is in the generic form, Alergin is a very affordable medicine to buy online. In addition to this, it also has very good bioavailability. Cetirizine is sold under the brand name Zyrtec which is slightly costlier than Alergin.
It is one of the best antihistamines available on the market. The main active ingredient of the medicine is on the WHO’s world’s most essential medicines list. Apart from that in the United States alone, there are more than 11 million official prescriptions for Cetirizine. Therefore many people already use anti-allergy medicines.
How does Alergin 100mg work?
Histamines are naturally released through some foods and products on the market. They act as an organic compound and bind themselves to the H1 receptor that is responsible for an inflammatory response. Antihistamines like Alergin 100mg stop the functioning of the H1 receptors to stop swelling and itching of the skin when foods interact with the histamines that are produced in the body.
Who manufactures Alergin 100mg?
Alergin is manufactured by a very good pharmaceutical company. Cipla has roots in India and has branched worldwide after its starting fame. The ratio of turnover of Cipla makes it one of the foremost pharma companies.
What are the uses of Alergin 100 mg?
Mainly used as an antiallergic medicine. It is a second-generation antihistamine that treats allergic rhinitis, dermatitis, and urticaria (hay fever).
How to take Alergin 100mg?
Alergin 100mg is a medicine that needs ingestion through the oral route. A single medicine a day in a prescription dosage cycle is a good choice to treat wild allergic symptoms. Take the medicine with or without water. The consumption and onset rate are better if the administration is without food. But it is necessary to make sure to take the medicines at regular times.
How long do the effects of Alergin 100mg last?
The effects of the medicine are visible after an hour of ingestion. This is the onset time of Alergin 100mg. It takes almost 24 hours to eliminate itself from the body. That is the tablet stays in the system for 24 hours, it has a half-life of a whole day.
What are other available doses of Alergin 100 mg?
Alergin is a mild medicine. The other doses include 5mg and 10mg which are non-prescription drugs. The 100mg dosage variant is a prescription medicine because of its high strength.
What are the side effects of using Alergin 100 mg?
There is a division of acute and common side effects of using Alergin 100mg. If your allergic reactions do not stop and instead worsen, that is your sign to stop taking the Alergin 100 mg.
The common side effects of using Alergin 100 mg are;
- Dizziness, drowsiness,
- Feeling exhausted.
- Dry mouth
- Nausea constipation
- Sore throat, coughing
The uncommon side effects that are harmful and require immediate help from health care experts are;
- Uneven heartbeat
- Uncontrollable tremors
- Vision defects
- Less urination than regular
What happens due to an overdose of Alergin 100 mg?
Overdose can be dangerous when it comes to antihistamines like Alergin 100mg. Overdose symptoms are identifiable through feeling restless, confusion, nausea, and then feeling drowsy. Seek immediate medical help from experts available in such an event.
What to do during a missing dose of Alergin 100mg?
Alergin 100mg is not harmful if you miss only one dose. Try not to forget the dosage timings. If you remember to ingest a missed dose when it is nearly time for your next dose, skip it. There is no need to have an overdose on the medicine by taking it twice in a short period.
What precautions to follow when using Alergin 100mg?
- Inform health care providers of all medical history.
- Avoid alcohol and other potential drug abuse substances.
- Proceed with caution during operations that involve heavy machinery or driving.
- Pregnancy does not complicate the effects of Alergin 100mg.
- Lactating women are expected to pass Alergin 100 mg in trace amounts to the newborn baby. Only move forward after receiving confirmation from the health care professional.
- Certain conditions contraindicate the use of Alergin 100 mg. Do not take this medicine if you have them.
- Avoid ingesting a few particular medications when under the effects of Alergin 100mg.
What are the interactions of Alergin 100mg with other medications?
Certain medications that are made of particular drugs interact with Alergin 100mg to produce harmful effects on the body. Avoid ingestion of these medicines for better safety and hopefully an anti-allergy life.
- Other antihistamines
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
- Pregabalin (Lyrica)
- Fish Oil (Omega 3 fatty acids)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
What are the contraindications of Alergin 100mg?
Some particular body issues disallow using antihistamines like Alergin 100mg to solve their allergic reactions.
- Alcohol and Antihistamines produce drowsiness. Therefore if a patient has alcoholism and also has an addiction to other narcotic drugs then it is best to avoid using Alergin 100 mg. The best thing would be to join a rehab center to get rid of the alcoholic tendencies.
- Renal dysfunction patients need to avoid having Alergin 100 mg. Kidneys perform a major role in the metabolization of Alergin 100 mg during its route to exit the body. If the kidneys cannot take the burden of processing the Alergin 100mg tablets then it is best to avoid the medicine.
Alergin 100 mg is one of the premium medicines to treat allergies. The main ingredient is a quality drug in addition to the already trustworthy manufacturers Cipla Ltd. There is no reason to shy away from the opportunity to buy Alergin 100mg to provide relief from allergic reactions.
Cipla Ltd is a grand company and Alergin 100mg is its flagship product in the anti-allergy category. The tablets provide instant relief in under an hour from allergic reactions. User reviews are always positive and varied.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Alergin 100 mg treat parasitic infections?
No. Alergin 100 mg is not an antiparasitic medication. Do not use Alergin 100 mg tablets to cure parasitic infections like onchocerciasis and filariasis.
2. Is it okay to use Alergin 100mg to treat viral infections?
No. Only use Alergin 100mg to treat allergic reactions. There is no need to use this medicine to treat viral infections.
3. Is there a possibility of not having allergic reactions permanently after using Alergin 100mg?
No. You will always stay allergic to whatever food or product you have an allergy to. The white blood cells in your body are designed in a way to produce histamines for the allergens that enter your body. Use Alergin 100 mg in moderation to treat your allergic reactions.
4. I have skin rashes even after using Alergin 100mg, should I continue using it?
Wait for a couple of days. It is possible that your body is unable to adapt to the sudden change. If you are complaining of skin rashes even after using Alergin according to the prescription, then consult a health care expert and discontinue the medicine moving forward.