What is Cobix 200mg?
Cobix 200mg is a COX-2 inhibitor. It is a type of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that directly targets cyclooxygenase-2, an enzyme that triggers inflammation and pain. The chief ingredient of this medication is Celecoxib. Also, it belongs to a Group of Medicines known as Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs.
Cobix 200mg capsule is used to treat pain, inflammation, osteoarthritis, acute pain, rheumatoid arthritis, painful menstruation, etc. This medicine can also use to manage medical conditions like acute and menstrual pain. Cobix 200 mg was discovered in 1993 and was approved for medical use by the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1999. Cobix 200mg capsules is a generic medicine that is easily available on online websites.
It works by blocking the action of the pain-inducing chemical messenger cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzyme in the body. Which is involved in manufacturing certain chemical substances such as prostaglandins that are responsible for causing pain and swelling. Cobix 200mg is available in capsule form that you need to take orally via the mouth. In 2020, Cobix 200mg became the 98th most prescribed medication across the USA.
What are the Medical Uses of Cobix 200mg?
Pain is a sensory feeling that the brain feels through multiple nodes connecting the whole body to the central nervous system. It is this pain radiating from various parts of the body due to certain conditions which you can treat with the use of Cobix 200mg capsules. Therefore, here are some of the medical disorders you can use Cobix 200 mg given below:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acute Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Painful Menstruation
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Reduce colons in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- It has trace effects in effectively reducing the symptoms of Cancer and tumors.
Why is Cobix 200 mg so Effective in the Treatment of Inflammation and Pain?
Usually, on taking Cobix 200mg which contains ‘Celecoxib’ it works by selectively blocking the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). Which plays a major role in producing ‘Prostaglandins’ (chemical substances that trigger pain and swelling) in the body. This in turn leads to a reduction of inflammation, pain, and fever. Although, you must note that consuming a Cobix 200 mg tablet will not in a significant manner inhibit the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) thereby protecting stomach lining. It only means that there is less chance of you acquiring stomach ulcers by taking this medicine.
How to Take Cobix 200mg?
There are certain ways to take Cobix 200 mg guidelines given below that you need to follow in order to use this medicine effectively without experiencing side effects. They are as follows:
- Take this medicine by swallowing using a glassful of water. Please do not crush, or dissolve the pain-killing capsule in water for better solubility. Since all it does is reduce the efficiency of the capsules.
- You can consume this medication either before or after having a meal.
- Avoid any harmful substances like alcohol and narcotics when taking Cobix 200mg.
- Do not immediately lie down or sleep after taking the Cobix 200mg capsule to make sure it does not stick to your mouth or it does not hurt while swallowing.
- It is essential that you consume it only once a day or twice a day as directed by your expert doctors.
- Typically, your doctor will advise you to swallow the whole capsule at once. However, you can also consume this medicine by sprinkling it on applesauce or any other sweet fruit to lessen the bitterness of the medicine.
- It is necessary for you to administer Cobix 200mg as per dosage instructions and administration that is provided either by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not abruptly start or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor or healthcare professional.
When do you not take Cobix 200mg?
Under certain circumstances, you must stop taking Cobix 200 mg. They are as follows:
- Avoid drinking alcohol and consuming drugs that slow down the function of the brain.
- Do not engage in activities such as operating heavy machinery or driving.
- Avoid playing or watching games and videos which can induce epilepsy and seizures.
- Unlike other NSAIDs, Cobix 200 mg does not have antipyretic properties. Therefore, do not use this capsule to treat fever.
- Breastfeeding and Lactating women need to consult with trustworthy medical professionals before moving forward and buying Cobix 200 mg online. Since the medicine can pass through the milk in trace amounts.
- In Pregnant women, if the consumer is 30 weeks pregnant they can take the medicine. Otherwise, there is a risk of this medicine having an impact on the fetus and the mother.
- If people have Viral, Fungal, and Parasitic Infections then they should avoid taking this medicine.
- Also, individuals suffering from low Lithium levels, renal and hepatic impairment, Blood Clotting, Hypertension, and bipolar disorder must not take this medicine.
What is the Dosage Plan for Cobix 200mg?
Typically, the dosing schedule of Cobix 200 mg will depend on the type of pain. It is as follows:
Usual Adult Dosage for Acute Pain: For acute pain, the initial minimum dose is 400 mg which is followed by 200 mg if needed on the first day. Finally, by 200 mg two times a day as needed.
Adult Dosage for Dysmenorrhea: The initial minimum dosage is 400 mg which is followed by 200 mg if needed on the first day and 200 mg twice a day.
Usual Adult Dosage for Osteoarthritis: Usually, the minimum initial dosage is 200 mg orally one time daily or 100 mg orally two times daily.
Adult Dosage for Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: For this type of pain, the minimum initial dosage is 400 mg orally two times a day with food.
Usual Adult Dosage for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Typically, for this pain, you need to take an initial minimum dosage of either 200 mg orally one time a day or 100 mg orally one time a day. However, if after six weeks of medicinal therapy, there is no effect then a trial dose of 400 mg daily may prove to be effective.
Cobix 200mg is a strong pain killer. Anything more or less than a prescription dose of the medical authority may prove to be harmful to the body. The general rule of dosing value depends on the factors of the patients like age, weight, height, and also the severity of the condition that they suffer from. The timings, dose values, and also what to avoid while what to intake with the Cobix 200 mg medicines are decided by the medical professional after they do a thorough check out of your body condition.
Now, while following the Cobix 200mg dosage timetable there is a possibility that you may miss a dose or overdose on it. In such a situation then you need to take the following precautions:
Missed Dosage of Cobix 200mg:
Usually, missing a dose may result in pain not subsiding. Therefore, if you miss a dose, make sure to take the next dose on time. Take the dose if there is still a long time to take the next dose. If not, stop and skip the current dose in case the pain is bearable.
Overdose on Cobix 200mg:
Sometimes unknowingly you may overdose on Cobix 200mg capsules. This may cause a range of side effects that include seizures, shallow breathing, and irregular arrhythmia. Therefore, in such circumstances then you need to stop taking medication and call your doctor.
What are the Common Side Effects of Taking Cobix 200mg?
Common side effects indicate the effectiveness of Cobix 200mg capsules. Some of them are as follows:
- Ringing in the ears
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
- Increase in blood pressure
- Runny Nose
- Decreased appetite
If you observe any of the adverse reactions given below then you need to stop the medication and call your doctor:
- Cardiovascular Risk
- Heart Attack and Stroke
What Medicines to Avoid When Having Cobix 200mg?
To avoid certain medications that may run a risk of compromising the balance of your body if present in the system together with Cobix 200 mg. The list of drugs is as follows:
- 2C9 inhibitors like Flucanozole
- Anticoagulants like Warfarin
- Selective Serotonin reuptake Inhibitors like Citalopram
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors like Lisinopril
What Precautions to Follow When Having Cobix 200mg?
- Avoid drinking alcohol and consuming narcotics and influencing drugs that slow down the function of the brain.
- Make sure to operate on heavy machinery or drive only after the therapy with Cobix 200 mg ends.
- Avoid playing or watching games and videos that have a chance to induce epilepsy and seizures.
- Make sure to store the medicine in a place away from excessive sunlight and moisture to keep it safe from structural degradation.
- Keep the Cobix 200mg capsules away from the reach of children.
- Unlike other NSAIDs, Cobix 200 mg does not have antipyretic properties. Do not use this capsule to treat fever.
- Breastfeeding and Lactating women need to consult with trustworthy medical professionals before moving forward and buying Cobix 200 mg online since the medicine does pass through the milk in trace amounts.
- In Pregnant women, if the consumer is 30 weeks pregnant they can take the medicine, otherwise, there is a risk of adverse reactions to the fetus and the mother.
Storage instructions for Cobix 200 mg:
If you want to take Cobix 200 mg to effectively manage pain symptoms then you need to preserve its efficacy by storing it well using the following storage guidelines given below:
- Keep Cobix 200mg in its original package until you begin using it.
- Try and keep this medicine as far as possible away from children and pets.
- Store Cobix 200 mg in an airtight container away from light and heat under temperatures ranging between 15°C and 30°C.
- Also, ensure that you discard this medicine properly as per instructions of a pharmacist or waste disposal expert. Do not flush unused Cobix 200mg down the toilet drain.
Most people tend to buy Cobix 200mg for the simple reason that it provides fewer side effects than most other similarly working non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Customers who decide to buy Celecoxib today are guaranteed to get instant pain relief.
Cobix 200mg User Reviews
“I have tried ordering generic Celecoxib and let me just say it is amazing how easy it is to consume. No major side effects and most importantly, I do not have to alter my daily schedule to fit in the medicine.”
Cobix 200mg was delivered pretty quickly. I have been struggling with arthritis recently and following the advice of losing as much weight as possible and taking Cobix 200 mg has given me tremendous confidence to live a healthy life!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are NSAIDs narcotic drugs?
NSAIDs are not opioids and hence not narcotics. They are used in less severe pain treatment and since they have the least amount of addictive and dependent possibilities doctors like to recommend NSAIDs like ibuprofen and celecoxib.
Q. How does Cobix 200mg know where the pain is?
Cobix 200mg works the whole body. It stops the secretion of COX-2 hormone which is responsible for inflammation from the damaged cells of the tissues throughout the whole body.
Q. Who should not take Cobix 200mg?
People with renal and hepatic dysfunctions should not take Cobix 200 mg. People with bipolar disorders and heart failure should also not have Cobix 200 mg in any form.
Q. Can Cobix 200mg make you feel sleepy?
In mild amounts, it is possible that Cobix 200mg might make you feel sleepy. Not all but a minority of users may feel sleepy. If it interrupts your daily schedule talk to a medical professional.
There are no reviews yet.