What is Corvela 500mg?
Corvela 500mg is used for the management of chest pain associated with the heart (angina). On consumption, this medication helps prevent a new angina attack but cannot stop an acute one. It contains ‘Ranolazine’ as the chief ingredient. Also, Corvela 500 mg belongs to a Group of Medicines known as Antianginals. Regarding the route of administration, this drug is usually taken through the mouth.
Usually, when you take a Corvela 500 tablet, it reduces the oxygen needed by the heart by relaxing the heart muscle. It is generally used in combination with other medicines and not individually. Besides, taking a Corvela 500mg pill benefits men more than women. However, this medicine’s exact mechanism of action could be more precise and involve adenosine triphosphate.
It was in 2006 that Ranolazine first received official approval for medical use by the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In 2020, all medicines like Corvela 500mg Tablets containing ‘Ranolazine’ became the 258th most commonly prescribed medication in the USA. Typically, you use this medicine in the treatment of chronic angina.
How Does Corvela 500mg Work to Provide Relief From Angina Pain?
When you start taking Corvela 500mg Pills, the Ranolazine exerts its effect by blocking the entry of sodium and potassium in the heart cells. Therefore, stimulating calcium influx triggers smooth muscle relaxation or Vasodilation, Which eventually leads to a reduction in ventricular tension and an increase in Myocardial Oxygen Demand to provide you relief from Angina Symptoms immediately.
Medical Uses of Corvela 500mg:
Typically, you use Corvela 500 in the management of chronic angina symptoms. You can also use it to prevent a medical condition called Atrial Fibrillation. Corvela 500mg Pills you can also use in managing irregular heartbeats.
How do you take Corvela 500 mg Tablet?
Before consuming a Corvela 500 mg Tablet, you must learn to take this medicine correctly to treat your chronic angina pain efficiently without experiencing any side effects. Hence, here is presenting a few tips for taking Corvela 500 mg Tablets.
- Always swallow a Corvela 500 tablet along with a glassful of water. Please do not chew or crush the pill.
- To derive maximum benefits from consuming this angina pain medication, you need to take it exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Follow the dose of Corvela 500mg Pills created by your physician, who will do so considering factors such as your body, age, and state of condition.
- Usually, it is preferable to take this medicine along with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid taking Corvela 500 mg longer than your doctor advised.
- If you have a medical history of hepatic impairment or renal issues, you need to inform your doctor immediately before using this medicine.
- Along with taking Corvela 500mg Tablets, you need to modify your lifestyle to ensure that this drug works effectively and does not cause any medical complications.
When do you not take Corvela 500mg Tablet?
To benefit efficiently without experiencing any undesirable side effects by consuming Corvela 500mg, you also need to understand when not to take this angina pain medicine. Therefore, here are a few pointers explaining when to avoid consuming Corvela 500:
- You mustn’t take Corvela 500mg Tablets if you have a history of allergy to Ranolazine.
- People use strong CYP3A inhibitor medications like clarithromycin, ketoconazole, etc. Must not use this medicine to avoid drug interactions that can lead to adverse effects that may prove fatal.
- An individual having liver issues must not take Corvela 500mg Pills. Since doing so may trigger serious side effects, some of which may be lethal.
- Avoid engaging in activities such as handling machinery, as doing so can trigger dizziness which is one of the side effects of this medicine.
- Taking a Corvela 500 pill can alter the QTc interval in the ECG by prolonging it. Therefore, it is recommended that you get an Electrocardiogram done at least one to two weeks before starting this medicine.
- It is a medication that both pregnant and breastfeeding women must avoid taking.
- You need to stop taking this medicine if you are suffering from rare hereditary medical issues such as galactose intolerance.
- Adults above the age of 65 must take this medication with precaution to avoid experiencing adverse side effects that may prove to be lethal.
Dosage Schedule of Corvela 500mg:
Usually, the dosing plan of Corvela 500mg will depend on the medical condition. It is as follows:
Usual Adult Dosage For Angina Pectoris:
The maximum initial dosage is 1000 mg twice a day as needed, which you need to take orally. Meanwhile, the minimum initial dosage is 500 mg orally twice a day.
However, you must make the following dosage adjustments if you are suffering from renal issues.
Kidney Dosage Adjustment:
There is a possibility that if you are suffering from renal problems, then you may need to adjust the dose. However, there are no specific guidelines you can use to do so. It is also recommended that you reduce the dose with caution. While taking this drug during medicinal therapy for angina pectoris pain, if you experience renal failure, then you need to stop taking this medicine.
Now, while following the dosing timetable given above, you may experience either missing a dose or overdosing on it. Under such a situation, you must take the following corrective measures.
Missed Dose of Corvela 500 mg: (Miss Dosage)
If you miss a dose of Corvela 500, you must ensure that you skip it and take a fresh dose. Please avoid double dosing.
Overdosing on Corvela 500mg: (Overdosage)
When you overdose on Corvela 500mg Tablets, you will experience symptoms such as vomiting, numbness, nausea, etc. Therefore, you need to call your doctor immediately or contact the healthcare center to seek medical assistance in such a situation.
What are the Side Effects and Severe Side Effects of Corvela 500mg Tablets?
When you take Corvela 500mg Pills, there is always a possibility that you may experience a range of mild-to-severe symptoms. They are as follows:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
If you experience any of the severe side effects of Corvela 500 mg below, you need to stop taking this medicine and call your doctor.
- Renal problems that include symptoms like no or little urination
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Blurring of vision
- Low blood pressure
- Hot flushes
- Loss appetite
- Increase in urea levels in the blood
- Nose bleeds
- Chest tightness
- Ringing in the ears
Where can you Buy Corvela 500mg Online?
If you are looking to Buy Corvela 500mg of high-quality online, then you need to visit us at erospharmacy.com today. Shop with us now to Buy Corvela 500mg Tablets at affordable cost. While you Buy Corvela 500mg Online, you also get our world-class 24×7 customer care service. It is time, therefore, for you to Buy Corvela 500mg Pills by visiting our portal.
Basic Information about Corvela 500:
Dosage: 500mg and 1000mg
Half-life: 1.4 to 1.9 hours
Treatment Type: Usually long term
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place
Frequently asked questions
Q. How long does the effect of Corvela 500 mg last?
No specific clinical indication is associated with the duration that Corvela 500 takes to exert its effect in your body to help manage angina pectoris pain.
Q. What alternative medications can you take in place of Corvela 500mg?
Suppose you cannot take Corvela 500 mg because of drug allergy issues; then, all you need to do is take any of the alternative options below containing Ranolazine. They are as follows:
Q. Can you use Corvela 500 mg to resolve heart issues?
There is scientific evidence to suggest that taking a Corvela 500 pill can positively affect diastolic and systolic heart failure.
Q. How do you store Corvela 500mg appropriately?
If you want to use Corvela 500mg Tablets effectively for an extended period, then you need to store this angina pain medicine using the storage guidelines below. They are as follows:
- Never try to flush an unused dose of Corvela 500 down your toilet drain. Always discard medicine as per instructions from your pharmacist or waste disposal expert.
- Try to keep this medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
- Store Corvela 500mg Pills away from light and heat under room temperature in an airtight container.
There are no reviews yet.