What is Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg?
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg is an anticholinergic medication. It possesses Tiotropium Bromide as its chief ingredient. The medication is essentially used to treat asthma as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Usually, Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg is administered orally via the mouth through the use of inhalation.
It is a medicine that works by restricting the receptors for acetylcholine which are transferred to the cholinergic nerve endings in the airways. A special ‘Dry Powder Inhaler’ is used to administer Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg. It is to be used one time a day at the same time for it to be effective. The effect of Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg lasts for 24 hours. Meanwhile, it starts working within 30 minutes after inhalation.
It was in 1989 that Tiotropium Bromide was patented for the first time. However, this drug was only approved for clinical use by the United States of America (USA) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002. In 2020 all medicines containing Tiotropium Bromide, like Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg became the 110th most commonly prescribed medication across the USA.
What are the Uses of Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg?
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg primarily helps in treating the following respiratory disorders:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Relaxes the airway muscles
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
What Happens when Tiova 18mcg Interacts with the Body?
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg when it interacts with the human body and assists in providing space for the average and wide airways in the lungs. Tiova Rotacaps18 mcg is a minor acting β2 adrenergic receptor agonist which works by blocking the action of Acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that causes constriction of the airways of the lungs. Therefore, Tiova Rotacaps18mcg essentially acts by causing the airways in the lungs to relax and thereby widen to help make breathing easy. Finally, leading to the resolution of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD symptoms such as coughing and wheezing.
How Long Does Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg Work?
The effect of Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg lasts for 24 hours. It starts working within 30 minutes after inhalation which gives relief from asthma. Also, you can buy Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg online from any pharmaceutical store.
How to Take Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg?
While you administer Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg using a HandiHaler device, it is necessary for you to understand the right way to take it. So that you can get maximum benefits in managing COPD symptoms. Therefore, here are a few tips on how to take Tiova 18 mcg tips.
- It must not be swallowed. Check the label for directions before use. Place the capsule at the base of the Tiova Rotacaps 180 mcg rota haler, not in the mouthpiece.
- As Tiova 18mcg helps in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma the dosing pattern changes accordingly from person to person and the requirement.
- Take Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg inhaler and place the capsule on the rota haler and not directly in the mouth. Although, the administration of this inhaler should be done under the expert’s advice.
- Also, you need to take this medication strictly via the inhalation process.
- Patients should avoid the consumption of tobacco and alcoholic beverages while taking a Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg inhaler.
When do you not take Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg?
There are certain circumstances under which you should not take Tiova Rotacaps 180 mcg. They are as follows:
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding must not inhale Tiova Rotacaps 180mcg. Since there is the possibility that it may harm the baby.
- If you have a history of hypersensitivity to drugs like atropine then you must not take it.
- Also, in case you are allergic to Tiotropium Bromide it is necessary that you stop taking Tiova Rotacaps 180 mcg immediately.
- People who have heart rhythm problems also must not use this medicine.
- Any individual below the age of eighteen years cannot use Tiova Rotacaps 180 mcg. Since doing so can trigger serious side effects.
- Individuals suffering from renal or hepatic impairment issues also must not take this medicine.
- Please avoid activities such as driving or handling machinery while consuming Tiova Rotacaps 180mcg. Since this medicine can cause dizziness as one of its side effects.
Dosage Schedule of Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg:
Usually, the dosage plan for Tiova Rotacaps 180mcg will depend on the type of respiratory disease and the age of the individual taking it. They are as follows:
Usual Adult Dose for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: The initial maximum dosage is 18 mcg or two inhalations are taken using a rota haler device.
Pediatric Dose for Asthma: For a child who is six years or older the initial minimum dose is 2.5 mcg one time a day.
Usual Adult Dose for Asthma: The initial minimum adult dose for Asthma is 2.5 mcg that you take orally one time a day. On following Tiova Rotacaps 180 mcg schedule above there is the possibility that you may either miss a dose or overdose on it. In such a situation you need to take the following safety measures.
Typically, if you miss a dose of Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg then you need to take it as soon as possible. However, if the time to take Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg dose is near then you need to avoid taking the skipped dosage.
When you overdose on Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg then you will experience a few side effects, some of which may be fatal. Therefore, in such a situation you need to call your doctor or the nearest emergency center immediately to seek medical attention.
What are the Side Effects and Adverse Side Effects of Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg?
- Dry mouth
- Nose congestion
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Difficult or painful urination
- Difficulty with swallowing
If you observe any of the serious side effects of Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg mentioned below then you need to stop taking this medicine and call your doctor immediately.
- Blurred vision
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Wheezing or choking
- Sore patches in the mouth
What are the Medicines one Should Avoid while Taking Tiova 18mcg?
There are a few medications that are not suitable for use along with Tiova 18mcg. Taking the wrong combinations of drugs can act adversely:
What are the Alternatives for Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg?
There are some alternative medicines for Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg:
How do you Store Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg?
If you want to use Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg in an effective way then you need to preserve it using the following storage guidelines.
- Always keep Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg in the package until you begin using it.
- Also, you need to keep this medicine in an airtight container away from light and heat at room temperature.
- Discard unused dosage of Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg as per instructions given by the pharmacist or waste disposal expert. Do not flush medications down the toilet drain.
- If you still have concerns about how to store this drug then you need to consult your pharmacist or healthcare professional immediately.
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg is an anticholinergic medication. The use of Tiova 18mcg is not only to treat asthma but also chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In addition to that, Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg help in relaxing the airway muscles and assist in easy breathing. Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg is made of Tiotropium and it also acts by restricting and blocking the receptor for acetylcholine which later liberates in the cholinergic nerve endings in the airways. When it interacts with the human body and assists in providing space for the average and wide airways in the lungs. Therefore, buy Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg from erospharmacy.com at the cheapest rate.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg the same as tiotropium?
Tiova Rotacaps 18mcg contains an active ingredient name tiotropium.
Q. Where to buy Tiova 18mcg Inhalation?
You can buy Tiova 18mcg Inhalation from erospharmacy.
Q. Is Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg a preventer or reliever?
Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg is generally known as a reliever furthermore helps to open the air blocks.
Q. Can Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg increase oxygen level?
Yes, it does increase the oxygen level after taking Tiova Rotacaps 18 mcg, and this effect lasts for 30 minutes.
There are no reviews yet.